A Passion for Helping PatientsSince 1997, Dr. Fine has held his own private practice as a Board-Certified Internal Medicine/Primary Care physician. He is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and Licensed to practice medicine in the state of Colorado.
In addition to working in his private practice, Dr. Fine holds a number of highly regarded positions within the medical community here in Colorado. A few of these positions include Expert Clinical Medical Evaluator for the Colorado Center for Physician Enhancement and Education Program, Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, and he is a member of the Executive Board of the Academy of Medical Educators.
Andy Fine, MD is a Board-Certified Internal Medicine and Primary Care PhysicianAndy Fine, MD is a Board-Certified Internal Medicine/Primary Care physician, certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, a Fellow in the American College of Physicians, a Diplomat of the National Board of Medical Examiners, and Licensed in the State of Colorado to practice medicine. He has been in private practice in Littleton, on the Littleton Hospital campus, since 1997.
I chose Primary Care Internal Medicine because I wanted to get to know patients over time, to see a broad array of different kinds of illnesses, treat the whole patient (not just one body part), learn and help with the physical and mental health of my patients and most importantly, form relationships with them.
I would love to meet you and would be honored if you choose me as your primary care physician.I chose Internal Medicine rather than Family Practice for my residency because in Internal Medicine the focus is on adults and more complex patients. Family Medicine teaches surgical procedures, delivering babies and pediatric care, while spending less residency training time on diagnosis, treatment and nonsurgical management of adults.
I have enjoyed the more than 15 years I have spent as an internal medicine doctor in Littleton, and I am very happy with the patient relationships I have established in the course of my practice. I would love to meet you and would be honored if you choose me as your primary care physician.
- Emory University in Atlanta, graduating Phi Beta Kappa with a Bachelor’s of Arts degree in Psychology
- The University of Georgia’s Medical School with a Doctor of Medicine degree
- Residency in Internal Medicine at Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Hospital, Denver
Also, Dr. Fine serves on the on the Clinical Faculty Promotions Committee of the Department of Medicine at the University of Colorado School of Medicine. The Academy is a teaching and educational skill development program for faculty, residents, and fellows at the Medical School. There, Dr. Fine teaches medical students by helping them to become competent, caring doctors.
- 2007 Department of Medicine Medical Student Teaching Award
- 2008 Medical School Teaching Award for Outstanding Contributions to The Foundations Of Doctoring Curriculum
Dr. Fine has received the American Medical Association National Emerging Leaders in Medicine Award. He has given many seminars to young physicians on “Practice Essentials for New Physicians.”
- Metro Denver Health and Wellness Commission
- The Denver Foundation Health Committee
- Medical Education Committee of the Colorado Health Foundation.
Dr. Fine has served as:
- President of the Arapahoe-Douglas Medical Society
- Chair of the Young Physicians Section of the Colorado Medical Society
- Board of Directors of the Colorado Medical Society
Colorado Medical Society Committees:
- Excellence in Medicine Health Affairs Committee
- Committee on Practice Excellence
- Expert Clinical Medical Evaluator for the Colorado Center for Physician Enhancement and Education Program.
- Littleton Adventist Hospital
- Porter Adventist Hospital
- Parker Adventist Hospital
- Rose Medical Center
- Veterans Administration